4/09/2009

Is there a way to convert DVI-I to VGA?

I have a flat-panel LCD display for my computer with a VGA input. There is a DVI-I port on my PC, but I don't have a DVI cable, or a DVI port on the monitor. I found an adapter at The Source by Circuit City, but it is not compatible. Is there an adapter available to convert a DVI-I signal to VGA, or is it not possible?


Yes, a DVI-I can output analog and digital computer signals. VGA is analog, so it will work. You can go to any computer store and buy a DVI to VGA adapter. Then, you will be able to use a standard VGA cable with it. The adapter should cost about $5.

If you can't find one anywhere, you can order one from Newegg.com, whcih is the most popular online computer store in the U.S.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?DEPA=0&type=&Description=dvi+to+vga+adapter&Submit=ENE&N=0&Ntk=all

Cyberguys has one.

"Connect a DVI cable to an analog VGA monitor with this DE15 (HD15) male plug to a female DVI-I (Dual Link) socket adapter. Can be used with any DVI-I or DVI-A cable."

No comments: