3/23/2009

Why won't my LCD flat panel monitor work when I plug it to my laptop?

I bought an LCD flat panel monitor from Ebay. When I connected it to the back of my laptop, the monitor didn't display anything. What's going on? Do I have to install some software for it first?


no se senior.

yes install it as a new hardware and if still doesn't work then it is atached to a laptop then make sure that wire is correctly plugged in and try to pull it out and then after 30 seconds plug it again. These might appear silly but they do work. Go to control pannel and click on add new hardware it will lead you to the monitor.Sometimes also there are hardwares that come with CD's try to find one if you got it or otherwise it will be fine.

is your computer the same make as the screen if not u should have to install something

Look at F1 to F12, you will see a symbol of a monitor (or CRT/ LCD).Then hit and hold " Fn" key then you hit the key that has monitor (or CRT/LCD) symbol.Note it will cycle to your laptop monitor to LCD panel, or both screen.

Er, I take it that you did try switching the external VDU port on the laptop on, with Fn+CRT keys?

A new monitor should be detected by Windows as new hardware. It would first be set as default. Later you can change the settings: like resolution and colors.

Now, when you buy something from Ebay, what's the warranty that it works?

Your computer has to be able to support dual monitors first. Windows XP supports it but you need hardware. Check this url for more info:

http://tinyurl.com/54kh2

No comments: