3/28/2009

Movie watcher and XBOX live guy here. What is better, an LCD flat screen or a rear projection LCD?

I am an avid online gamer. I have found that LCD TVs are the best for gamers. What is the best choice, an LCD flat panel or a rear projection LCD? I only ask because I can get a bigger rear projection for less which concerns me about the quality of the screen display. Please help and tell me which is better quality if you can. Thank you for your time.


Well LCD projection units can actually BURN just like plasmas can....

And worse yet....I ACTUALLY saw ONE LCD panel TV set with a BURN-LIKE image stuck on it.....

And here I thought they were Burn-Proof....

So my thinking is....DLP is the ONLY technology that I have NOT SEEN BURNS or STUCK PIXELS on.....

So....do you switch to the DLP which has a better Track Record of Non -Stuck Pixels? And since it doesn't have LCD Lag or Refresh problems, it sure makes sense to look at that technology.....

But if I HAD to choose...I'd go with the LCD panel because it's TOUGHER to damage with non-moving images than the LCD Projector....

You have to RATE them in Good / Better / Best categories....

A flatscreen is better than any rear projection tv.

I think the rear projection tvs are highly over-rated and that is why, in my opinion, rear projection screens are cheaper.

Read Projection LCD.

An LCD flat screen is better, because it will will give you a better definition since it is brighter. The rear projection ones only look good if you're in front of them. Light or the angle you look at it from can make it look really bad. A flat screen will also take less space will last longer too. It is better to pay more for better quality, that says it all.

definitely lcd flat screen. it has a better picture quality. i used to own all floor model rear projection tv's (42" sony, 46" sony and a 57" sony). we've since upgraded to 42" philips plasma, 46" westinghouse lcd and 52" sharp aquos. we love em all and will never go back to rear projection.

my husband plays ps3 on the westinghouse and loves it! sony makes westinghouse. i play the wii and xbox 360 on the sharp and my son and i have a blast!

we got our philips from sears, but the protection plan was half he price of the tv. we got the sharp and westinghouse from hsn because they were reasonably priced and the protection plan was affordable.

vizio's from sam's club are great and the protection plans are affordable. don't get a tv at wal-mart. they have electronic issues. i've returned 2 desktops, 1 laptop and 1 tv there. their customer service sucks at all levels.

hope i helped and happy shopping.

see site below for issues u may run into with rear proj tv's

the quality is way better on an lcd flat panel the rear, projection has a very crappy image

No comments: