3/21/2009

Aren't flat-panel displays better than LCD displays?

Generally flat CRT displays have better color quality than LCD displays. If you are a graphic designer, per se, and have budget limits, I would suggest CRT flat display. But if you don't have limitation on the budget, it's a good idea to use a good quality LCD. Since, LCD would have much less danger for the eyes.

If the color quality is not very important to you, I think LCD is better anyway, because it's more portable and less dangerous.


LCD is a flast panel display. I think maybe you are asking if plasma or LCD is better - in that case LCD is better - plasma will burn the screen after a while. Or - maybe I'm completely wrong.... but since I work in manufacturing..........

LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) is just a variation or type of the general term 'flat-panel'. Such as a plasma display. They are both flat-panels, but different technologies.

No comments: